Dr. Grant Woods is a wildlife biologist, land management and habitat consultant, and host of the long-running, popular web show Growing Deer TV. Grant shares his thoughts on the deer movement podcast series from episodes 51, 52, and 53, helping bridge the gap between the thoughts of hunters like Mark Drury, and GPS studies. We also discuss current hunting topics including predator control, declining turkey populations, baiting for deer, Chronic Wasting Disease, and more.
What we learn:
- How weather affects when and where deer move
- Other factors that affect deer movement
- Timing of the rut
- Does the October lull exist
- What is the lockdown phase and how to hunt it
- Methods to control CWD
- What is causing turkey population declines
- How does legal baiting affect hunting
Search “Down South Hunting” on Spotify!
We are on YouTube!
Show notes, resources, links:
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented by: Sponsored by: Hunting Gear Deals