Daryl Ratajczak returns to the show and we grill him with some of our toughest questions for a state wildlife official. Of course he handles them in stride and has some tremendous information to share about whitetail deer, turkey, coyotes, bears, and even black panthers!
What We Learn In This Episode:
- What are some of the biggest issues facing state big game managers in the South?
- Do harvest limits and antler point restrictions help deer herd health?
- Does the insurance industry have a hand in setting harvest limits?
- Do politics affect wildlife management decisions?
- Is CWD a serious threat and can it be stopped?
- What can be done about the turkey population declines in some states?
- What can landowners do to improve turkey habitat?
- What are some differences between state and federal management of public lands?
- How do coyotes fit into southern biology?
- Do black panthers exist in the South?
Show notes, resources, links: